Clinks manages the National Criminal Justice Arts Alliance.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
- ACCESSING OUR SITE
- INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
- DIRECTORIES ON OUR WEBSITE
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
- OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
- UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
- LINKING TO OUR SITE
- LINKS FROM OUR SITE
- OUR LIABILITY
- VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
- JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
- YOUR CONCERNS
- ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- INTERACTIVE SERVICES
- GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- CONTENT STANDARDS
- SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- YOUR CONCERNS
- EVENTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
www.clinks.org and www.artsincriminaljustice.org.uk are sites operated by Clinks ("we", "us", "Clinks" or "our"). We are a registered charity no. 1074546 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales no. 3562176.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the data controller is Clinks of Clinks, Block C, 5th Floor, Tavistock House, Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9JJ.
Access to our sites is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our sites without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our sites are unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our sites, or our entire sites, to users who have registered with us.
You must notify us immediately of any suspected or actual unauthorised use of your login details.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our sites. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our sites through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Organisation details listed in the directories (the Directory of Offender Services, Partnership Finder and Just Mentoring) are user-submitted. While every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained is accurate, Clinks cannot be held liable for any errors and omissions, or any consequences arising from them. In most cases, services listed on the directories are provided by publicly accountable, non-profit making agencies. Inclusion of services and agency information on the directories is at our discretion. Inclusion does not imply any endorsement or recommendation, and Clinks is not responsible for the contents of linked websites.
By registering your organisation on the directories, you are consenting to the details you provided being made publicly available. Users are entirely responsible for the details submitted and any consequences thereof. Please ensure you have consent from the individual if you include personal contact details within your directory entry.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our sites, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You retain the ownership rights for your contributions and grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, trademarks, database rights and intellectual property rights you have in the contributions, in any media known now or in the future. In addition, you waive all moral rights you have in the contributions to the fullest extent permitted by law. You represent and warrant that you are entitled to grant such a licence to us.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining consent to do so from us.
Clinks and the accompanying logo and all other Clinks trade names, logos or project names are our registered or unregistered trademarks and/or other intellectual property of Clinks or third parties. You may not copy, use or reproduce these without our written consent.
Commentary and other materials posted on our sites are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We do not guarantee that the information contained on our site is accurate, verified or complete. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our sites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We do not guarantee that the functions or materials accessible from or contained in the sites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the sites or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or faults.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the sites and is compatible with the sites. You are also responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks to satisfy your requirements.
We aim to update our sites regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our sites, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our sites may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our sites, or to make contact with other users of our sites, you must comply with the content standards set out in these terms and conditions. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. You grant other users of the sites a non-exclusive license to view any material you post or upload to the website. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our sites constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our sites.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our sites if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in this document.
You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our sites must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in this document.
If you wish to make any use of material on our sites other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where our sites contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the sites, we accept no liability for this loss or damage. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our sites or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our sites, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- Loss of income or revenue
- Loss of business
- Loss of profits or contracts
- Loss of anticipated savings
- Loss of data
- Loss of goodwill
- Wasted management or office time
- Any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Notwithstanding the above, if we are liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to £200. This limit does not apply to any liability we may have for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or from our fraudulent misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter.
You must not misuse our sites by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our sites, the server on which our sites is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our sites. You must not attack our sitse via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of any breach of this provision, your right to use our sites will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
These Terms and Conditions, and use of these sites shall be governed by English law. All claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with these sites shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. However, Clinks shall have the right to commence and prosecute any legal or equitable action or proceeding before any court of competent jurisdiction to obtain injunctive and other relief in respect of the infringement of intellectual property rights.
Clinks reserves the right to change these Terms at any time. Please check these Terms on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the sites after changes are posted will mean you accept the Terms as modified by the posted changes.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com or 020 7383 0966.
Thank you for visiting our sites.
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our websites. This policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our sites. Your use of our sites means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our sites, including, without limitation, blogs, comment facilities and bulletin boards.
Our community guidelines are here to support you and remind community members of the most appropriate ways to engage with each other. The aim is to guide anyone using the community to have an enjoyable and rewarding time.
The community is distinguished by a few guiding principles, which set out your rights and responsibilities:
- You are encouraged to use your real name so other users know who you are.
- You own your user profile. This means that you can add or remove your personal details at any time.
- You stand by what you write. This means that you are wholly responsible and liable for everything you choose to discuss on our website, and in your comments to blog posts.
- We do not check or pre-moderate your content. This means we do not check posts, comments and other material posted by you before they are published, and therefore we are not liable in accordance with the Terms and Conditions policy.
- If we do spot any material that does not comply with our acceptable use policy or these guiding principles we will remove it as soon as practically possible.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the following standards and with the spirit of which they are intended. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts)
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- Contain any material which is misleading or unreliable
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our sites. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms upon which you are permitted to use our sites, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our sites
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our sites
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs on a solicitor and client basis) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. Please check this policy on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted will mean you accept the policy as modified by the posted changes.
Please let us know immediately if you believe any provision of this acceptable use policy has been broken or if you have any other concerns about material posted to the site. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7383 0966.
Payment can be made securely by PayPal on the event booking system on the Clinks website.
If payment cannot be made by PayPal, customers can request an invoice which can be paid by bank transfer or cheque. Invoice requests should be made to email@example.com.
Clinks reserves the right to refuse admission for any failure by a customer to pay fees for the event prior to the start of the event.
Customer cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your organisation name and delegate contact details.
If you cancel your booking:
- 1 month or more before the event, no charges will be incurred. If payment has been made, a refund will be arranged.
- Less than 1 month, but more than five working days before the event, Clinks will retain 50% of the fee and a refund can be arranged for the remainder.
- Within five working days of the event, Clinks will retain 100% of the fee and no refund will be applicable.
- If you do not attend the event Clinks will retain 100% of the fee, unless a legitimate reason for not attending can be provided. Such decisions are at the discretion of Clinks.
- For free events, Clinks may advertise a ‘no show’ charge which will be applicable to delegates who have not submitted written notice of their absence prior to the event.
- If you wish to send a substitute delegate, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. There is no administrative charge for doing this. However, if the event pricing is dependent upon membership status or organisation type, the fee may change and an additional cost may be incurred.
- Clinks reserves the right to cancel, postpone or otherwise alter the content or date of an event without notice. In such circumstances, Clinks may, at its own discretion, return any payment received without penalty of a cancellation charge.
BURSARIES AND ASSOCIATED TRAVEL COSTS
We may be able to offer bursaries to cover course/transport costs to small voluntary sector organisations working with offenders and/or their families. If bursaries are available then this will be advertised.
Clinks will be unable to provide help with accommodation costs.
It is advised not to make travel arrangements until you have received confirmation of your booking and joining instructions. We endeavour to provide joining instructions at least 2 weeks in advance.
All of the above are, at all times, at the full discretion of Clinks.
Photographers may be present at Clinks events. Photos taken may be used in Clinks publications and publicity materials.
If you do not wish to have your photo taken or used, you must notify Clinks at time of booking.