Voluntary organisations delivering front-line services are in a unique position to understand the challenges facing so many people in contact with the criminal justice system. Each day, they build knowledge and expertise of how and where the system isn’t working – and most importantly, what can be done to improve it.
In this expert seminar, Helen Berresford, Director of External Engagement at Nacro, and Sam Boyd, Director of Impact & External Affairs at Switchback, will reflect on the approaches they take to channel knowledge from the front-line within their organisations into impactful policy influencing and campaigns. Attendees will come away with:
- An understanding of different approaches and strategies for using front-line expertise in policy and campaigns
- Examples of where voluntary sector pressure has led to change and how it was achieved
- Insight into how the expertise of service users can be harnessed in policy and campaigns work.
As Lloyds Bank Foundation for England and Wales is funding this programme of work, we are asking for the following criteria to be met:
- These events are open to any voluntary organisation working in the criminal justice system, though each event has a different capacity of attendee numbers to ensure the training is effective
- Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, subject to eligibility and availability, though Clinks will reserve specific spaces for organisations working with people in contact with the criminal justice system that are led by and focussed on racially minoritised people
- Please only book one ticket per organisation as we expect there to be high demand for these events.
About Stronger voice
The Stronger voice programme is funded by the Lloyds Bank Foundation for England and Wales, and aims to help the voluntary sector working in criminal justice to develop a unified and influential voice, at both a national and regional level. Through this programme, Clinks are bringing together experts across policy, campaigns and communications for a range of free events, training and coaching opportunities to support organisations of all sizes to feel more confident in influencing policy and campaigning for change.