Introduction to arts in prisons
Introduction to arts in prisons
For more information about events, or to request an invoice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings for this are now closed. Please contact email@example.com
“Excellent session, energising, thought provoking and informative." - Course participant
This one day introductory course will explore some of the questions to consider before embarking on artistic and creative work in prisons. Participants will be taken through the process of delivering sustainable creative activities in prisons, from idea formation though to evaluation. The course will also provide an overview of the current criminal justice system and an insight to working inside a prison, looking at the practical considerations.
This training course is being held in Milton Keynes to coincide with a NCJAA project in Buckinghamshire. Find out more about the Local Practice Development work here.
The course will be delivered by Rebbecca Hemmings (Development Officer for the National Criminal Justice Arts Alliance) and Sara Lee (Director of Music in Prisons). It has been adapted from the Clinks Working and Volunteering in Prison training course and provides space for questions and discussion.
The course is aimed at those with an arts background, but with little or no previous experience of working in a criminal justice settings. Please note this course is not a qualification and will not provide a certificate to work in prisons.
Spaces are limited, so please book as soon as possible.
£75 for Clinks members and freelance artists/practitioners. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with brief details including a link to your work.
£150 for non-Clinks members
We are offering two free places to individuals with lived experience of the criminal justice system and/or of black, Asian and minority ethnic communities. Please email email@example.com with brief details.
If costs are a barrier to attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with brief details.
Terms and conditions
Payment can be made securely by PayPal on the event booking system on the Clinks website.
If payment cannot be made by PayPal, customers can request an invoice which can be paid by bank transfer or cheque. Invoice requests should be made to email@example.com.
Clinks reserves the right to refuse admission for any failure by a customer to pay fees for the event prior to the start of the event.
Customer cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your organisation name and delegate contact details.
If you cancel your booking:
- 1 month or more before the event, no charges will be incurred. If payment has been made, a refund will be arranged.
- Less than 1 month, but more than five working days before the event, Clinks will retain 50% of the fee and a refund can be arranged for the remainder.
- Within five working days of the event, Clinks will retain 100% of the fee and no refund will be applicable.
- If you do not attend the event Clinks will retain 100% of the fee, unless a legitimate reason for not attending can be provided. Such decisions are at the discretion of Clinks.
- For free events, Clinks may advertise a ‘no show’ charge which will be applicable to delegates who have not submitted written notice of their absence prior to the event.
- If you wish to send a substitute delegate, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. There is no administrative charge for doing this. However, if the event pricing is dependent upon membership status or organisation type, the fee may change and an additional cost may be incurred.
- Clinks reserves the right to cancel, postpone or otherwise alter the content or date of an event without notice. In such circumstances, Clinks may, at its own discretion, return any payment received without penalty of a cancellation charge.
BURSARIES AND ASSOCIATED TRAVEL COSTS
We may be able to offer bursaries to cover course/transport costs to small voluntary sector organisations working with offenders and/or their families. If bursaries are available then this will be advertised.
Clinks will be unable to provide help with accommodation costs.
It is advised not to make travel arrangements until you have received confirmation of your booking and joining instructions. We endeavour to provide joining instructions at least 2 weeks in advance.
All of the above are, at all times, at the full discretion of Clinks.
Photographers may be present at Clinks events. Photos taken may be used in Clinks publications and publicity materials.
If you do not wish to have your photo taken or used, you must notify Clinks at time of booking.