Anne Peaker lecture
Anne Peaker lecture
François Matarasso: A space to think
For more information about events, or to request an invoice, please contact email@example.com.
This event is now closed for online bookings. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Peaker was a pioneer of arts for, and by, people in the criminal justice system. This annual lecture honours her work and legacy, which forms the basis of the National Criminal Justice Arts Alliance today.
This year, keynote speaker François Matarasso will consider the historical context of participatory arts in criminal justice settings and Anne Peaker’s contribution to this. He will go on to consider art’s capacity for the kind of reflection that helps individuals grow, and make the case for its importance in terms of human rights and power.
The event will include a performance of an arts project developed in criminal justice settings, a Q&A and networking drinks.
Full programme details to follow.
François Matarasso is a community artist whose work embraces creative projects, research and writing. His latest book A Restless Art: How participation won, and why it matters (2019) gives an extensive account of the theory, history and practice of community art in Europe and combines decades of first-hand experience with new research and many project descriptions. François lives in Britain and has experience of work in many European countries. www.arestlessart.com
Terms and conditions
Payment can be made securely by PayPal on the event booking system on the Clinks website.
If payment cannot be made by PayPal, customers can request an invoice which can be paid by bank transfer or cheque. Invoice requests should be made to email@example.com.
Clinks reserves the right to refuse admission for any failure by a customer to pay fees for the event prior to the start of the event.
Customer cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your organisation name and delegate contact details.
If you cancel your booking:
- 1 month or more before the event, no charges will be incurred. If payment has been made, a refund will be arranged.
- Less than 1 month, but more than five working days before the event, Clinks will retain 50% of the fee and a refund can be arranged for the remainder.
- Within five working days of the event, Clinks will retain 100% of the fee and no refund will be applicable.
- If you do not attend the event Clinks will retain 100% of the fee, unless a legitimate reason for not attending can be provided. Such decisions are at the discretion of Clinks.
- For free events, Clinks may advertise a ‘no show’ charge which will be applicable to delegates who have not submitted written notice of their absence prior to the event.
- If you wish to send a substitute delegate, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. There is no administrative charge for doing this. However, if the event pricing is dependent upon membership status or organisation type, the fee may change and an additional cost may be incurred.
- Clinks reserves the right to cancel, postpone or otherwise alter the content or date of an event without notice. In such circumstances, Clinks may, at its own discretion, return any payment received without penalty of a cancellation charge.
BURSARIES AND ASSOCIATED TRAVEL COSTS
We may be able to offer bursaries to cover course/transport costs to small voluntary sector organisations working with offenders and/or their families. If bursaries are available then this will be advertised.
Clinks will be unable to provide help with accommodation costs.
It is advised not to make travel arrangements until you have received confirmation of your booking and joining instructions. We endeavour to provide joining instructions at least 2 weeks in advance.
All of the above are, at all times, at the full discretion of Clinks.
Photographers may be present at Clinks events. Photos taken may be used in Clinks publications and publicity materials.
If you do not wish to have your photo taken or used, you must notify Clinks at time of booking.