In June, I wrote a blog about a ‘Guide to Desistance’ that I was writing. The blog elicited a great response, with many people sharing their experiences and ideas, so thank you to all who contributed. These ideas really helped to inform the guide, especially the last section entitled ‘Practical next steps.’ Clinks have now published ‘Introducing Desistance: A Guide for Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector Organisations’. The guide aims to:
- Provide an accessible summary of the key themes in the desistance literature;
- Explore how VCSE Sector organisations can use the theory to demonstrate the success of their work to policy makers, funders, commissioners and prime providers;
- Give examples of practical steps VCSE Sector organisations can take to support their service users further, informed by desistance theory.
- Has the guide inspired you to do anything differently? If so, how?
- How do you think learning about desistance theory could be shared between organisations?
Update on funding for the criminal justice voluntary sector
In November Clinks began receiving feedback from members in our regular forums, alongside concern from the wider criminal justice voluntary sector regarding the prolonged waiting and deterred action on promised funding from the Ministry of Justice. Amy Rees has responded to Clinks (28 March 2023) with the attached letter clarifying budget allocations and the voluntary sector 2023/2024. The following bullet points outline the key notes of importance within the letter and the subsequent conversation between Clinks and HMPPS on the deferred funding for voluntary organisations, and why it is a matter of great importance that funding for our sector remains committed to.
Letter from Amy Rees Chief Executive HMPPS dated 28 March 2023
In November Clinks began receiving fe
Latest on Twitter
Clinks @clinks_tweets · 3 months
We have published our annual report and financial statements 2021-22. The report sets out our activities, achievements this year and plans for future work towards our strategic goals. Read the full report here: https://bit.ly/3iMbdX7