Further to the notice we put out in last week's Light Lunch, I've just received an email from Jasber Jittlar at NOMS, providing detail of the forthcoming briefing events for their voluntary sector grants programme.
Here's the details:
The National Offender Management Service (NOMS) has agreed to continue the NOMS Grants Programme for the next financial year - 2014/15. The grants programme has historically funded VCSE organisations to develop capability, knowledge and good practice and to deliver activity in areas which reflect the Agency’s priorities.
The themes that will be advertised are:
- Improve outcomes for offenders with communication difficulties
- Develop models and best practice in advocacy for offenders to access social care
- Develop tailored and targeted work with offenders and their partners
- Develop approaches enhancing rehabilitative cultures
- Develop approaches where offending is related to membership of, or affiliation to, a gang.
- Develop approaches to reduce conflict and/or violence in order to support development of a safe, decent and improve rehabilitative environment
- Psychosocial Volunteer support service to high risk, high harm personality disordered offenders
- Proof of concept for Virtual Campus online delivery to support parenting and relationship skills programmes
The events will be focused on providing information on the background and overview of the Grants Programme for 2014/15, the application process, procurement process, gathering evidence, update on the Transforming Rehabilitation Programme and wider MOJ Policy Developments.
The two events are as follows:
Date: Friday 21 February 2014
Time: 10.30am – 1.30pm
Date: Friday 28 February 2014
Time: 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Please note – each event has a maximum space for 40 attendees only. Confirmations will be issued on a first come first served basis.
To book a place, please email Jasber Jittlar on firstname.lastname@example.org by:
- Tuesday 18 February for the Manchester event.
- Monday 24 February for the London event.
Further details will be sent to those allocated a space.
Latest on Twitter
Here's the link to the White Paper launched today 'A Smarter Approach to Sentencing'. Clinks will be responding on behalf of voluntary organisations working in the criminal justice system. #Sentencing