Humankind is a vibrant and growing charity with over 30 years' experience working with individuals, families and communities affected by health and social inequalities across the country with a focus on improving people’s wellbeing. Humankind is one of England’s most successful home-grown charities. We have over 1,100 staff and around 100 volunteers providing services for over 20,000 people. Our specialist services include substance use, clinical, employment training and education, housing services, housing support and health, young people and families’ services.
Our Innovative Stars service is an integrated provision which includes harm reduction, care coordination, clinical interventions, recovery planning and aftercare. This service will run for at least five years with potential for further contract extensions. This exciting new service has 3 Hubs across the county of Staffordshire:
- North – Newcastle-under-Lyme & Staffordshire Moorlands.
- West – Stafford, Cannock and surrounding areas.
- East – Burton, Tamworth and surrounding areas.
We have the pleasure to offer several exciting new opportunities to the right the people in the North Staffordshire area.
You will be working closely with alcohol clients who require support from hospital post discharge to prevent them from impacting on Accident and Emergency services and mainstream hospital based services. The community HALT team work intensively with a relatively small cohort of individuals who have complex physical and mental health needs and support them prior to or following detoxification and will do this in conjunction with nurses based within the team.
Candidates will be recruited within the advertised banding but should not expect initial recruitment at the top end of the banding. This enables progression in role through the Humankind development processes.
What we can offer you:
- Up to 32 days Annual Leave per year
- Competitive company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning & Development opportunities