We are looking for 3 Engagement Workers who are passionate about supporting people who are facing multiple challenges that include, but aren’t limited to, Homelessness, Substance Misuse, Mental Ill Health, and involvement in the Criminal Justice System. Community Led Initiatives believe that recruitment should focus on individual qualities, attitude, and values. If after reading through the essential qualities below you can say “yes, this is me!” this role may be for you:
- Caring & Compassionate
- Positive & Enthusiastic
- Empowering and Motivating
- Flexible & Adaptable to Change
- Strong Desire to Support Others
- Problem Solver & ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Team Contributor & Supporter
- Relationship builder based on trust and mutual respect
The skills and experience that are desirable for this role are outlined in more detail in the person specification.
Greater Manchester Housing First (GMHF) is a three-year pilot project that aims to provide safe, secure homes for people who are homeless or at the risk of being homeless across the region.
Housing First is an evidence-based approach, which uses housing as a platform to enable individuals with multiple and complex needs to begin recovery and move away from homelessness.
The Housing First approach is based around seven key principles:
- People have a right to a home
- Flexible support is provided for as long as it is needed
- Housing and support are separated
- Individuals have choice and control
- An active engagement approach is used
- The service is based on people’s strengths, goals, and aspirations
- A harm reduction approach is used.
Unlike other supported housing models, individuals do not need to prove they are ready for independent housing, or progress through a series of accommodation and treatment services. There are no conditions placed on them, other than a willingness to maintain a tenancy agreement, and Housing First is designed to provide long-term, open-ended support for their on-going needs. Housing First uses a person-centred and trauma informed approach to put the persons goals and aspirations as the core of the support.
Formed in 2013, Community Led Initiatives has established itself as one of the leading peer-led organisations in the country. We deliver personalised and intensive mentoring support to people who find it hard to rebuild their lives after facing significant challenges in life.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, and we recruit people to work alongside us, who believe in, and share our values:
- People come first in all our work.
- People need connections – to other people and to their communities.
- We believe in the power of relationships to build these connections.
- We value how all life experiences build strengths and capabilities.
- We believe in helping people achieve their potential through using these strengths and capabilities.
We have created and nurtured a culture within our team that is inclusive, supportive, flexible, trusting, and empowering. Providing people with the opportunity to grow and develop, in order to have a happy and fulfilling career.
Our organisation is passionate about employing people with lived experience of Homelessness, Substance Misuse, Mental Ill Health, and Involvement in the Criminal Justice System. Although this is not essential for this role, if this applies to you, please feel confident that you can share this with us confidentially in your covering letter.