We are looking for someone with recent lived experience of imprisonment, or a prisoner on release on temporary licence (ROTL) with the necessary permission to work, ideally with less than 12 months before being released back into the community.
This role would involve providing administrative support and facilitating communication with the Prisoner Policy Network. This role can be performed remotely or at our office in Clerkenwell, London, depending on circumstances, working with our Head of Prisoner Engagement Paula Harriott and Prisoner Engagement Officer Soruche Saajedi.
This is a one-year contract. It is a temporary post and will not necessarily lead to permanent employment with the Prison Reform Trust, but the postholder will be supported throughout the placement to secure follow on work.
It will be paid at the NJC scale point 4 with Inner London Weighting, currently £13,402 per annum pro rata, for three days, equating to 21 hours per week (full-time equivalent £22,338).
The role will involve:
- Responding to Prisoner Policy Network letters and emails from prisoners and others working in prisons
- Thematic coding of letters and emails received as part of PPN consultations
- Taking calls from prisoners and others on the office line
- Using databases and recording phone notes
- Assisting with filing and other administrative tasks as appropriate
- Sending letters to third parties and follow up letters
- Searching for, and collating, information relevant to PPN projects
- Helping maintain our electronic records and data
- Proof reading reports and briefings
- Publicising the Prisoner Policy Network
- Identifying information for policy work and assisting on communication and dissemination tasks to our wider stakeholders
- Working as part of the PRT team
- Regular virtual meetings
All work will be undertaken with supervision.