Are you a relevantly qualified individual with experience of working with trauma and in trauma-informed services/organizations’ where you provided one-to-one support to adults with multiple and/or complex needs to address mental health and emotional wellbeing difficulties?
If so, St Giles Trust is looking for a Mental Health Professional to join our Peer Advisor Network & Peer Circles team that delivers vital services at a particularly challenging and difficult time.
About this vital role
Working closely with hub teams, we’ll rely on you to identify peer advisors/clients who need extra mental health support and advise on actions that will support the client to manage mental health challenges and progress. You’ll also be responsible for enabling Peer Circles’ clients and Peer Advisors to progress with, and achieve, their goals on wellbeing, learning and routes to future employment. This will involve regularly working one-to-one with them to develop healthy coping mechanisms for mental health difficulties, and addressing any underlying trauma, specific concerns, challenges and mental health difficulties arising from COVID19.
What we are looking for:
- A counselling, psychotherapy, or psychology qualification at Postgraduate level and membership of a professional organisation or relevant professional body (BACP or BABCP)
- Experience of working with socially excluded adults and awareness of the issues faced by our client group, including the barriers faced when starting employment
- A track record of delivering support in a system of wider support, training, and development that involved working effectively with colleagues across the organization, often in different locations
- A proven ability to provide psychological and therapeutic frameworks that enable individuals to progress towards their goals, tailoring support to individual needs as appropriate
- Someone who is passionate and has the communication skills to build successful relationships with partners and specialist support organisations, especially in the mental health sector
- Experience of providing support remotely, by phone and online
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, access to clinical supervisions, season ticket loan and much more.
About St Giles Trust
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
Peer-led services form the backbone of our work. Our Peer Advisor Programme includes several community-based Hubs that develop and train Peer Advisors linking them with St Giles services and local partner organisations. We’re also in the 2nd year of an NLCF-funded project delivering through hubs across the UK as part of the Peer Advisor Network, while Peer Circles helps people experiencing severe and multiple disadvantage to improve their employability and progress towards positive and stable lives. In response to COVID19, we have recently been awarded a 6 month ‘top up’ grant that will enable us to meet our significantly increased needs.
If you have any queries or require further information, please call 07867 002 674 or email HR@stgilestrust.org.uk
Interviews: 15th July 2020 (due to the current situation, interviews will be held via video)