Your motivation to enable others to improve their quality of life is vital to this role. You will carry out a range of comprehensive and pragmatic intensive housing management activities centered around tenancy start up, closure and resettlement, overseeing repairs, health and safety monitoring, tenancy consultation and addressing antisocial behavior.
You will provide support on a range of housing issues to enable people to access and sustain safe and secure accommodation whilst also acting in a signposting capacity to enable them to use a wide range of additional services which meet their needs.
Humankind Housing is Registered Social Housing provider that has been developing portfolios of properties in a range of geographical areas over the last 8 years. Our properties are a mixture of one, two and three bed houses, shared housing, and hostel type provisions. Some of our properties are linked to other Humankind services and projects however we are now also In the process of increasing our property portfolios to include general needs housing.
Working across the operational area, you will: -
• Ensure people are aware of their tenancy conditions and complete a comprehensive sign up according to procedure.
• Assist with housing benefit claims during start up and throughout the tenancy.
• Dealing with abandonment issues and ensuring security of the building.
• Addressing and arranging day to day repairs and testing of gas and electrical systems.
• Visit tenants and properties as required
• Turn properties around quickly and prepare for re-letting according to procedure.
• Assist with the continued development and growth of Humankind Housing
• Participate in an out-of-hours on call service on a periodic basis
This post is a temporary position of 12 months and will be reviewed & possibly extended in advance of end of initial contract.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification prior to applying for this position.
What we can offer you:
- Up to 32 days Annual Leave per year
- Competitive company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning & Development opportunities