Leap Confronting Conflict is looking for a part time Finance Officer to carry out all financial administration for the organisation as maternity cover. We expect that this role can be fully undertaken remotely working from home. The role is part of the Finance and Resources Team. The Finance Officer (Maternity Cover) will support the Director of Finance and Resources to produce accurate and timely management accounts which will provide the basis for on-going analysis of the organisation’s financial performance against budget.
The role will support the Income Team by reporting donation information. This role will also work with the Delivery Team to provide delivery cost breakdowns and arrange payment of expenses for delivery.
Undertake all of the financial administration for the charity to provide accurate and timely records, including the following:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank account reconciliations
- Petty Cash
- Coordinating relationships with external payroll and pension providers, and liaising with suppliers and customers.
- Processing payments to suppliers and staff
- Support the Director of Finance and Resources with production of monthly finance management accounts for reporting to the Senior Management Team and the Board
- Assist the Director of Finance & Resources with preparation of the annual audit to ensure compliance with UK company and charity law and that all statutory reporting requirements are being met
- Assist with Gift Aid claims to HMRC to ensure maximum income from donations
- Administrative support for the Director of Finance and Resources including minuting for quarterly Board committee meetings and tender processes for external services/ suppliers
General duties and responsibilities as an employee at Leap:
- To work as part of a team and contribute to the overall aims and objectives of the organisation;
- To be an advocate for the organisation;
- Attend staff meetings and training as required;
- All staff are required to operate in accordance with Leap’s values, policies and procedures, including but not limited to, Health and Safety, and Data Protection
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested and as appropriate to your role level.
This job description is supported by our competencies outlined in the ‘Unleash your potential’ framework, as well as annual objectives.