We urgently require Support Workers employed on a casual basis to provide cover “as and when required” delivering person centred care and support.
In this Support Worker role, you must provide personalised support to each person – in line with the individual’s person-centred plan – and assist people to live as tenants and citizens in the local community. Support must be consistent with people’s rights, choices and responsibilities.
The level of support will vary according to the agreed needs and informed choice of the person being supported.
Support workers may provide support to individuals with a variety of different needs and conditions which may include mental health conditions, learning disabilities, acquired brain injuries, physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders, neurological impairments, psychiatric and clinical needs, addiction issues, complex behaviour and other needs.
Responsibilities to individuals
- To work directly with individuals in providing a high-quality delivery of service using appropriate planning and monitoring tools.
- To work in accordance with any service specification or contractual arrangements providing a flexible service which is responsive to individual needs.
- To work as part of a team in ensuring that individuals receive a high quality and responsive service.
- To prompt individuals and undertake personal care duties if required.
- To ensure that any matter of concern relating to an individual’s health, behaviour or wider situation is immediately notified to a manager.
- To treat all people with dignity and respect
- To promote an environment free from bullying, harassment and intimidation
- To take responsibility for own health and safety and that of tenants and to report areas of risk to the Registered Manager
- To work at any Imagine services/sites as reasonably directed.