Do you have lived experience of mental distress and have come into contact with the criminal justice system?
Together is a national charity that works alongside people with mental health issues on their journey towards leading independent and fulfilling lives.
Our Liaison and Diversion (L&D) services work in partnership with NHS England to improve the health and justice outcomes for people who come into contact with the criminal justice system.
We are looking for people to become Peer Supports who will use their lived experience of mental distress and the criminal justice system to support others with similar experiences towards better wellbeing.
The best parts of becoming a peer supporter:
- Meeting new people with similar life experiences
- Make a real difference to someone’s life
- Personal development opportunities through 4 day training course
- Variety of opportunities to be involved in at all levels within the organisation
- You choose when and how you volunteer
- Build your confidence and social skills
- Feel a part of an encouraging and supportive team
- Add versatility to your CV
- Travel expenses paid