You will coordinate our Resettlement services, within the Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset & Wiltshire (BGSW) area, being responsible for the success of our Resettlement Teams within 5 prison establishments: HMP’s Bristol, Leyhill, Guys Marsh, Portland and Erlestoke. The office base for this role will depend on where you are located in the BGSW area.
Part of your role will be to coordinate our Through the Gate (TTG) services on behalf of our prime contractor, Working Links. You must be able to manage a challenging but rewarding contract against tight deadlines and against a pre-agreed performance matrix, challenging and mitigating any shortcomings to ensure compliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Seniors and Case Workers maximise the performance and contribution of staff in meeting the objectives of resettlement through staff supervision, performance management, appraisals, training, consultation and service/team meetings.
- Monitor Seniors and Caseworkers through demonstrated evidence and associated reports that the Service Delivery Specification is being followed and maintained and that services are being provided to offenders in a timely manner as agreed.
- Ensure each offender has accommodation to go to; is returning to employment, or is being signposted to the relevant agencies providing employment or training opportunities post-release.
- Ensure risk escalation procedures and processes are in place consistently across each site to safely manage and report increases in risk appropriately both internally and with partner agencies.
- Ensure staff have in place systems that check all pre-release activity has been successfully planned and delivered.
- Ensure that all reasonable steps are put in place to facilitate prisoners’ successful progression through the gate into CRC services.
At Catch22, we are proud of our reputation as a modern and progressive employer. Our 1,300 colleagues and 300 volunteers work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting over 60,000 individuals from cradle to career.
In Social Justice, we work with young people and adults in custody and in the community, providing a range of services including offender management and resettlement, mentoring, veterans in custody, victim services, gangs work and youth justice. We believe that with effective support mechanisms and the correct interventions, we can change service user’s ideology, helping them desist from crime and reach their true potential.