Are you compassionate and proactive with a natural approach with people? Do you have a passion for helping vulnerable people? If so, St Giles Trust is looking for a highly motivated Resettlement Caseworker to join our dynamic team and provide a full resettlement service to prisoners within a custodial setting.
About St Giles Trust
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
About this exciting opportunity
To provide a comprehensive resettlement planning service, you will manage and maintain systems effectively and review resettlement plans at agreed stages of a prisoner’s sentence, providing information and assistance based on individual needs. You will also take the lead on the delivery of resettlement plan interventions and provide casework support, supervision and coaching to the Peer Advisors.
Negotiating and working closely with departments and external organisations is a key element of the role, as is delivering resettlement courses on a rolling basis and supporting Peer Advisors to deliver resettlement courses.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent listening skills, with the capacity to develop a constructive relationship with ex-offenders
- An understanding of issues facing individuals with multiple and complex needs, in prison and on release
- An awareness of accessing substance misuse services
- First-class time-management and work prioritisation skills, and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Professional, flexible and able to work in a prison environment
- Strong IT skills, especially MS Office, plus the ability to work with case databases on a daily basis
- Sympathy with the aims and ethos of St Giles as an organisation
In return, you can expect a competitive salary and generous leave allowance, staff pension scheme, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, season ticket loan and much more besides.
Please note successful candidates should expect to be appointed at the starting point of the salary scale and consideration will be given to a higher salary depending on the experience of the individual.
Fixed-term until 31st March 2021 (with a possibility of extending)