1 Post will be working in the Nottingham / Derby Region
1 Post will be working in Bedford / Luton / Milton Keynes region
Nacro deliver the Bail Accommodation and Support Service (BASS) on behave of the Ministry of Justice. BASS is a national service across England and Wales which allows Courts to make greater use of bail by providing accommodation in the community with support for adult defendants who could not otherwise be bailed. BASS also provides support for service users released from custody in the last three months of their sentence on Home Detention Curfew (HDC), Intensive Community Order Residence Requirement and Additional License Conditions.
Who we are looking for?
We are searching for Support Officers with experience of working in the Criminal Justice system to provide support to our service users to take control of their lives, to empower all to live independently in the community and comply with the requirements of their Prison License and Court Bail requirements and conditions.
The role includes inducting service users into the property and assisting them to set up and maintain benefit claims, providing support and assistance with finding move on accommodation as well as signposting for support with mental health, substance misuse and other offending behaviour triggers. The role also includes ensuring the properties are kept to a suitable standard, reporting of repairs and meeting contractors to affect repairs. Liaison with offender managers and reporting / recording of contact sessions / events are also key elements.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting service users to comply with the requirements of their HDC/Bail conditions.
• Producing a realistic and achievable support plan to include using housing and accommodation services in the area to facilitate move on.
• Ensure that all support plans and risk assessments are person-centred and inclusive of the high quality support being offered.
• Offering 121 support to offenders released on bail or on home detention curfew at dispersed properties in the above named areas.
• A good grasp of the geographical area and solid computer skills are essential.
• Undertake basic cleaning tasks as required • Support officers are expected to organise their own diaries, so excellent time management skills are required.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
Knowledge of the criminal justice system as it pertains to BASS service users is desirable but not essential
A full driving license and own vehicle is required to be successful in both roles