Humankind, in partnership with The Basement Recovery Project, provide both clinical and recovery treatment for Adults and Young People in Calderdale, covering rural and urban environments, a diverse population and working with excellent local community partners.
We have a temporary vacancy within our Branching out Young Persons Service and are looking to appoint a Peripatetic Substance Misuse Practitioner to cover maternity leave.
Experience in working in this specialist field is essential. You should have an interest in supporting this client group and in working within a team of talented, passionate individuals who work alongside service users and volunteers to deliver an excellent service.
· To provide specialist drug and alcohol treatment and support for young people in line with NICE Guidelines,
· To deliver structured group work, and PSHE interventions enabling young people to make informed choices and build resilience to substance use
· To provide harm minimisation advice and information to children, young people and families
· To deliver family interventions on a 1:1 and group basis
· To deliver peripatetic work from multiple locations across Calderdale supporting the team and building capacity within the service
· To liaise and network with a wide range of professionals working with young people across Calderdale, maintaining effective partnerships and working agreements to improve the outcomes for the individual
· Embed provision and service within targeted communities of Calderdale