Finding Rhythms is a registered charity that runs intensive education projects in prisons, with probation services and in the community. Learners are challenged to write, compose and record an album of original music. We demonstrate that the skills used in creating music are transferable both to work and life outside of the creative context. Learners build employability and social skills which can lead to an Edexcel-accredited BTEC in employability skills.
To date we have worked with almost 450 learners in 25 prisons and community settings, helping 250 of them to achieve a BTEC in employability skills, and publishing 34 albums of original music. Music made on Finding Rhythms courses can be heard here: https://findingrhythms.bandcamp.com/
About the role
We are looking for a capable and reliable administrator to support our growing prison music charity. You will need to be efficient, thorough and willing to learn, as well as being sympathetic to the charity’s aim of using music to empower disadvantaged groups.
You will be based at our office space in Battersea, although there may be occasional visits to SE London, as required.
The role is currently part-time, 14 hours per week, which can be spread over two or three days, by mutual agreement. There may be scope for this role to grow with the charity.
We are open to considering candidates of all profiles, but given the nature of the organisation, this role may be of particular interest to people who have previously worked in the charity sector, in the arts, or in criminal justice. We are also very keen to consider applicants with lived experience of the criminal justice system.
Purpose of the role
The Administrator will support the Business Director and Creative Director with tasks related to projects and the general running of the charity. They will liaise with our freelance practitioners, with prison staff, our Trustees and funders, and must be confident to represent the charity in a professional manner.
- Managing contracts
- Data entry and transcription
- Website maintenance
- Social media and marketing
- Music uploads and cataloguing
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Kit logistics
- Security clearances & DBS checks
- Diary management
- Database management
- Filing and general administration
- Highly professional, conscientious, organised and punctual
- Aligned with Finding Rhythms’ values, and interested in the use of arts for social change
- An empathetic person, able to engage sensitively and professionally with a range of individuals.
- Confident with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and, ideally, Access
- Confident working with Google applications
- Confident working with Wordpress and Mailchimp
- Good written English, with excellent spelling and grammar
- Good spoken English, with a personable and confident manner
- Willing to learn, and willing to take on a wide variety of tasks