Director of Development
Director of Development
Joining the PRA’s Senior Management Team at an exciting time, the Director of Development is a key role within the organisation, reporting directly to the Chief Executive.
Responsible for ensuring the organisation builds the partnerships and resources to increase its impact, the primary objective is to generate revenue for the charity. This is achieved through establishing and building on relationships with partner organisations from across the wider criminal justice and parallel sectors, overseeing the effective evaluation of the charity’s impact and communicating that impact to clients and partners.
The role involves operating at a strategic level, supporting the Chief Executive and working closely alongside other senior management colleagues to design and deliver the charity’s business plan.
Working in often unpredictable circumstances, the post-holder will play a pioneering role in ensuring the PRA maintains its reputation as an innovative, pioneering organisation whose work positively impacts the lives of many thousands of people touched by the criminal justice system each year.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• You’ll be the PRA’s senior outward-facing representative, building relationships with funders, commercial partners and other stakeholders. You’ll be able to articulate clearly the value of partnering with the PRA.
• You’ll be responsible for bringing commercial revenue into the PRA, driving business development, developing products and ensuring high-quality commissions are delivered on budget. You will have the support of an experienced production team.
• You’ll have overall responsibility for the organisation’s monitoring and evaluation processes, supported by a specialist Evaluation Assistant. You’ll oversee gathering and processing of data, and you’ll use that data to build the case for investment and partnership with the PRA.
• You’ll take a lead in managing the PRA’s crucial relationship with our primary partner, Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS).
• You’ll listen to partners and advise them on how the PRA can help them meet their objectives, and develop deliverable creative pitches and treatments, based on your extensive, in-depth understanding of media and how audiences interact with them.
• You’ll oversee the creation and production of media products for commercial partners, ensuring they meet the organisation’s extremely high quality values.
• You’ll keep thorough, accurate records relating to partner accounts, including revenue and airplay data, and will feed into the organisation’s overall evaluation strategy.
• You’ll work closely with senior management colleagues to ensure all opportunities for partnership are acted upon.
• You’ll seek out and drive opportunities to do business with key broadcast partners including the BBC, soliciting ideas from across the PRA team and helping to develop and pitch ideas through the BBC’s regular commissioning rounds.
How to apply
How to apply: To apply in confidence to become Director of Development at the Prison Radio Association, please forward your CV together with a considered, two-page supporting statement outlining why you are interested in the opportunity and how your application addresses the specific requirements for the role and person specification.
Application deadline: Sunday 14 January 2018
Interviews: w/c Monday 22 January 2018