Clinks’ Area Development Team supports the voluntary sector working in the criminal justice system (CJS) in the following areas:
We capture, encourage, and promote quality practice, create local networks, provide advocacy for the sector at a strategic level. We do this by:
- exploring how voluntary sector organisations can become more sustainable. Working with local partners to promote funding opportunities and thinking of new ways of working.
- helping the sector collaborate, we believe that local support and development organisations (or local infrastructure such as Councils for Voluntary Services) can act as important neutral brokers to support the sector as a whole.
- providing training, support, guidance and other resources on issues that matter to local organisations.
- Listening and responding to the views and experiences of voluntary sector organisations to inform Clinks’ policy work at the national, regional and local level.
- advocating for the voluntary sector to make the case for innovative and proven approaches to supporting people in, or those affected by, the CJS.
Our expert staff are also available to visit our member organisations. To become a Clinks member, click here.