Tempo works to enable more people to volunteer, because giving your time and feeling valued improves health, happiness and future prospects.
Our vision is for strong, connected communities where everyone’s time is valued. We want to work with more communities across the UK – enabling more people to contribute to their local community, and be recognised for the time that they give.
To achieve this, we use Time Credits to engage new people in communities and in shaping local services, improving health and wellbeing for all.
Time Credits are a time-based currency that incentivises people to volunteer. People earn Time Credits when they give their time and spend them on a wide range of activities they choose.
The benefits of Time Credits include:
• More people volunteering
• Improved health and wellbeing
• A stronger voluntary sector
• Better designed services
• People feel more connected
• People develop new skills and confidence
1) The rehabilitation of ex-offenders and the prevention of crime and anti social behaviour, in particular but not exclusively, by:
A) Facilitating their integration and constructive engagement in society;
B) The provision of support, information and advocacy for ex-offenders, those at risk of offending and the victims of crime; and
C) The promotion and development of best practice models of integrated offender management.
2) The promotion of social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing people from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate into society.